- Curriculum: Art, Art Criticism, Language Arts
- Age/Grade: Above 14, Elementary 1, Elementary 2, Elementary 3, Middle School
- Subject: Analysis and Theory, Exhibition
- Materials: Mixed Media
- Institution: Riverbed Media
- Location: New York, New York
- Duration: 1 Class
Usually lessons take a class through a project, this lesson takes a class through reflection and display, a great complement to any activity.
Children will design a bulletin board of pictures created by themselves.
Small bulletin board
Select a small bulletin board on which to feature a child of the week.
Make and post a schedule in which each child gets one week to display their own artwork.
Child chooses and lays out selection of artwork for the bulletin board.
Introduce the field of Curating and discuss different ways of creating themes when exhibiting art.
Discuss how selecting and organizing work affects the impression other people get when looking at it.
Seee how many different impressions you can come up with by choosing and organizing work differently.