- Curriculum: Art, Computer, Language Arts
- Age/Grade: Elementary 2, Elementary 3, Middle School
- Subject: Drawing, Multi-Media, Writing
- Materials: Pencils
- Institution: Whitehaven School
- Location: Cumbria, England
- Duration: 1 - 2 Classes
An interactive worksheet program that will help students explore HaringKids on their own.
To expose children to Keith Haring's art work.
To help children learn how to navigate the through the World Wide Web.
To challenge students to think of their own opinions and why they have them.
Sketchbook or blank white paper
Answer all questions in your sketchbook, create a neat page, and use full sentences for answers.
1. Follow instructions carefully to log on and access site- do not rush ahead.
2. Look for the Man Holding Baby on left hand top corner. CLICK.
Read Carefully and answer the following questions:
Draw one thing Keith liked to draw.
Where did he live? Where do you live?
CLICK ON ARROW
Did Keith just paint?
Who were his favourite cartoons? Who are your favorites?
3. CLICK ON ACTIVITIES (on left hand side)
CLICK TWICE ON MORPHS (check baby is beside Morphs)
MOVE CURSOR (mouse) to see figures move then CLICK to see them change!
Draw your favorite morph.
Write beside it what it was and what it becomes.
4. CLICK ON ACTIVITIES (on left hand side)
CLICK each title. MEN WITH HOLES/BALLOON MAN/CLONES/SPLIT
Which is your favourite? Describe what happens using words or pictures.
5. CLICK ON ACTIVITIES
CLICK ON WHAT, WHEN, AND WHY. Pick your favourite.
Using the space provided on the screen, type in your story.
***WHEN ADDING YOUR NAME, ONLY USE YOUR 1ST NAME.***
Send your story by clicking on the PENCIL.
CLICK PRINT (on top of screen) Print one copy each if working in pairs.
6. DOUBLE CLICK ON GAMES
Tic Tac Toe is x's, o's or noughts and crosses.
Or try Picture Puzzles- see what level you can reach.